Welcome to Our Club
The Burlington Curling Club is now closed for the summer months.
The Burlington Curling Club is one of the finest curling clubs in Ontario with five sheets of quality curling ice, first rate food and beverage service, and a friendly atmosphere that fosters the love of the game on and off the ice.
If you are interested in membership information, please go to the “club” dropdown box and click on “Membership” to access information on the Burlington Curling Club Leagues, 2016-17 membership rates, and our $99.00 introductory special .
If you are interested in joining the BCC, please go to the “Club” drop down box, then to “Membership Form”. Fill out the form and submit it. There is no cost to do so. You will be contacted within a few days confirming the receipt of your application. Many of the BCC sections have short waiting lists so it is important to apply early.
You can contact the Club Manager, Brian Moore anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Credit Card Authorization Form
This year you will be able to use a credit card to pay your dues, along with the options of paying cash, cheque or debit.
If you want to pay by credit card, please fill out the enclosed pre-authorization form once you have received your invoice. You can then:
1. Send it by mail to the club office just as your would a cheque. The address is on the invoice.
2. Drop it through the mail slot in the front door in a sealed envelope.
3. Bring it to the club on one of the dates available. They will be posted on your invoice.
4. Phone the club office with the required information. If we are not here, leave a message and we will get back to you.
Please note that once the form is used to process your payment, the form will be shredded for security purposes.
Also, it is recommended that you DO NOT fax or email the form to the club. We cannot guarantee security if payment is made in this manner.
BCC Credit Card Authorization PDF
BCC Credit Card Authorization Word document
2016 Grand Mixed
2016 Grand Mixed 1st Event Champions
Bill Garner (Sk), Stan Lang (V), Karen Backwell (L), Barb Hislop (S)
April 16 – Championship Day
- Piper, player’s march and toasting with Charlie Robson at 3:50 pm
- 5th, 6th,7th,8th, consolation B event final at 4:00 pm
- Sherwood Thompson def. Mickey Bailey
- Paul Munro def. Dennis Morgan
- Wendy Oughtred def. Marion Freeborn
- Mike Rowe def. Mary St. James
- Bob Crutchlow def. Mike Dales
- Tyler Morgan Brier shirt donation to BCC with Rob Gregg at 5:45 pm
- OCA banner presentation to Ontario Tim Horton’s COLTS Champions at 6:00 pm
- Mark Fletcher (skip)
- Bill Garner (vice)
- Adam Gilbert (second)
- Brad Montgomery (lead)
- Beatles picture draw – Rose and Glenn Warnica with Chuck Smith at 6:10 pm – winner Bob Palmer
- Elimination draw finalists with Chuck Smith at 6:20 pm – winner Sandra Rowe
- Piper, player’s march and toasting with Charlie Robson at 6:30 pm
- 1st,2nd,3rd,4th, consolation A event finals at 6:40 pm
- Bill Garner def. Anita Young
- Wendy Morgan def. Rich Chorkawy
- Neil Flanagan def. Frank Harrison
- John Hyett def. Margot Shepherd-Spurgeon
- John Neal def. Tom Smith
- 5th, 6th,7th,8th, consolation B event winner presentations at 7:15 pm with Charlie Robson
- 2nd,3rd,4th, consolation A event winner presentations at 9:15 pm with Charlie Robson
- Smith Sanitation Championship Trophy presented to Bill Garner and his team of Stan Lang, Barb Hislop and Karen Backwell by John Shannon at 9:30 pm with Charlie Robson
Many storylines in the finals. Nine female skips started the GM and 6 were still playing. Can Bill repeat his 2012 win to become the fifth 2 time winning skip or will Anita join Marg Veldman as the second female winner? More importantly will Stan allow Roseanne to sit behind the glass to watch him compete? Will Dennis see Wendy briefly as they pass one another on sheet 2? In addition how can Jennifer Jones be 4-1 at the Player’s while Wendy has been here….mmhhh – may have to re-evaluate that coaching situation!!?? Will Marion’s 347th game of the season be successful? Has the ice man worked his rehabilitation magic on sheet 5 to over come lefty in consolation B?
Could probably put more here but no doubt have lost most of the readership anyway at this point. We sincerely hope you have enjoyed GM 2016. Have a great summer.
GRAND MIXED TROPHY HISTORY