There are several guides to connect your PC to a TV depending on what ports can be found on your computer and your TV. Connecting your laptop to your TV is quite simple: all you need is the appropriate cable, lead or streaming equipment, and you’ll be watching content out of your laptop on your television very quickly. We’ll take you through how to join your laptop to some TV within this phase-by-step guide which include HDMI, wirelessly, VGA and other methods. See all best 500 dollar Laptop recommendations and courses.
One cheap and easy approach to have the internet on your TV is to connect it to your laptop. There might be various reasons for connecting your PC or laptop to that old Television or perhaps the new HDTV you got recently. You could need to enjoy High-definition YouTube videos on the big screen or watch a powerpoint presentation.
Things you should check
Before connecting your personal Computer to your Television, you will need to look for feedback connections (or video inputs) on them both. These video inputs or components take the video signal from different products such as a DVD player, Blue-ray player or a PC. You can find them by looking at the rear of your TV and computer.
Maybe you have wanted to play on your computer on your Plasma TV? This tutorial teaches you just how to use the Plasma TV as your computer screen. With its simple guidelines and detailed facts, you’ll learn how to turn your Plasma TV into a large computer screen. Furthermore, this movie shows you just how to discover all the gear you’ll use to create your Plasma TV become a monitor. From the end of this movie, you will be able to go through the usage of the computer on the bigger screen!
Most computers have an S-Video port that can be connected to the S-Video input on your TV screen using a very cheap S-Video cable. If you have an older monitor, you can use the 15-pin VGA cable to connect the computer to the TV, and it will offer better picture quality than the S-Video cable. The newer HDTVs and laptop computers have DVI ports so a DVI Male to Male Cable or DVI to HDMI Adapter Cable can be used to hook the computer display and the TV. The DVI to HDMI cable can be used when your HDTV doesn’t have a DVI port but does have an HDMI port.
Connect a laptop to TV using HDMI
- Turn your laptop and TV on.
- Connect your HDMI lead to both your TV and laptop.
- Select the correct HDMI input on your TV (usually by pressing the AV button).
- If your laptop does not automatically output its screen to the TV, go to Control Panel > Display > Adjust Resolution and select the TV in the Display drop down box.
Connect a laptop to a TV using VGA
- Turn your laptop and TV on.
- Connect your VGA cable to both your TV and Laptop (any order).
- Use the headphone out port on the laptop and audio in on your TV or speakers.
- Go to Control Panel > Display > Adjust Resolution and ensure that TV is selected in Display drop down box.